Eligibility and Guidelines
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be of the age of 18 years old on the date you apply
- Live within 20 miles of the City of Chicago
- Be available to assist in hanging/securing up your artwork at the Ed Paschke Art Center(this is only required if you are selected as a finalist)
- Be available to attend events related to exhibitions (this is only required if you are selected as a finalist)
**Applicants who advance to the final round of judging must be available to assist in hanging/setting up their work for final round judging at the Ed Paschke Art Center, as well as attend the events related to the exhibitions.
If you are unable to meet these requirements you must contact the Ed Paschke Art Center to request permission to send another individual on your behalf to hang any of your work, as well as attend the events and judging. Failure to do so will result in disqualification and a forfeit of any exhibition opportunities. You must also receive confirmed approval from the Ed Paschke Art Center prior to sending an individual to represent you.
Image and Video Submission Guidelines
All images submitted should be of pieces able to be installed in a shared gallery space within a limited period of time. Any hung piece should not exceed 72 inches in any direction unless approved by Ed Paschke Art Center.
Applicants may submit up to three (3) images of artwork with their application or
one (1) moving image video, but not both. Space will be provided on the application to include the requested details about each piece (title, dimensions, medium, date, etc.) Applicants will also include an artist statement with their application. Failure to include the requested information about an image may result in disqualification.
If you are attaching images:
- Image resolution should be no less than 72 dpi
- Image file size should be no larger than 800 KB
- Must be either JPG and PNG formats
- If the image has a title save it as part of the file name, such as name_of_image.jpg or title_of_piece.jpg
- Remove your name on or within any submitted images or videos
If you are attaching a moving Image:
- Video files may be no larger than 25MB
- Video files must be no longer than three minutes in length.
- Must be either MP4, MOV, or MPG formats. Ed Paschke Art Center does not accept external links.
*Images and videos are initially viewed by Luminarts jurors via Submittable (PC/MAC, tablets, or other mobile devices). If you believe your image requires multiple angles or views you may create one image with all views. Please use best practices and judgement when submitting images. If your image or video has a title please save the file with the title somewhere within the file name before attaching the file; (for example, name_of_image.jpg or
After Submitting Your Application
Applicants will be notified via email within 60 days of their submission if they have been selected as a finalist. Please do not contact the Ed Paschke Art Center regarding your status as a finalist.
Applicants may reapply to the Ed Paschke Art Center exhibition schedule annually.
For questions about program eligibility please visit our FAQ page or contact Ed Paschke Art Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.